Get Full Body Relaxation with Yoga Tips
Difficulty Level – Beginner
Duration – 5 mins
As an international marathon runner I used to practice this relaxation technique which is very helpful for your overall wellness. It helps you to overcome stress, depression & hypertension, to get sound sleep, to build positivity in life. This exercise is recommended for all age groups.
- Lie down on your mat in a pose that you are comfortable with. It can be Shavasan or Sleeping child pose.
- Close your eyes
- Keep your hands a little away from your body
- Relax your full body one by one relax your each body part from bottom to top (as per instructions in the video)
- Keep your body completely relaxed and loose
- Concentrate on your breathing
- Imagine and feel by breathing in your taking fresh energy from head to toe.
- Concentrate on your thoughts and affirm yourself – I am Healthy, I am Active, I am Hardworking, I can do whatever I decide to do, I have strong will power, I am committed, I am strong (as per instructions)
- Concentrate on 3 positive thoughts that you want to do for yourself, for your family or for the society
- Slowly and gently open your eyes
- Move your fingers
- Move your legs and toes
- Come back to sitting position and do palming and touch your eyes.
If you have any questions, you can ask us in our forum with experts like Dr. Sunita Godara