Breakfast is an essential meal of a day – This myth is quite inescapable in society. You all would have heard that breakfast is the most crucial meal of the day. But how many of you understand this?
In an effort to cut down the net calorie consumption and fulfilling our dream goal of being thin, a major proportion of us has a bias to skip breakfast. There is no dissenting that this will yield results, but only brief ones.
So, why is it bad? What are the effects of skipping breakfast?
- Not very heart-friendly – A study says, men who avoid breakfast have about 27% higher chances of sustaining a heart attack in comparison to those who have their breakfast. The Doctor, who led the research, said that the rate of risk is not so much of concern. But she is also backing the fact that indulging in an active breakfast could actually control the risk of heart disease.
People who skip breakfast are also known to have an increasingly vulnerable to hypertension, in turn leading to clogging of arteries, which puts them at an increased risk of developing chronic cardiovascular health conditions, including stroke.
- You might end up gaining some weight – If you are on a weight loss regimen and have the practice of skipping breakfast, give it a second thought now. It’s time.
Are you confused? Just read on.
Avoiding breakfast increases the craving for sugary and fatty foods. Moreover, since your starvation will quite be hard, you end up eating down whatever you come across throughout the day. The higher your hunger levels are, the higher the quantity of food intake will be, which at times surpasses your prescribed daily calorie intake. A consistent practice of skipping breakfast will eventually lead to weight gain and not weight loss.
- Unfavorable effects on mood and efficiency level – Skipping breakfast can have adverse impacts on energy and mood. There was a study on 144 healthy characters who experienced overnight fasting. The group was classified into three. One group was provided healthy, moderate breakfast, second group only coffee, and the third group was not supplied breakfast. The groups were then observed for a couple of minutes. The results of the study said, the group who were not given breakfast showcased the worst memory skills and highest fatigue levels. There was no notable difference among the other two groups.
- Risk of cancer – Avoiding breakfast can make you overindulge in food throughout the day time, which in turn paves the way for the heightened prevalence of obesity. It was observed out that a person who is overweight or obese has an increased chance of acquiring cancer.
- There is a chance of causing migraines – Hypoglycemia is the medical term used to register low levels of blood sugar. Jumping meals trigger a huge dip in sugar levels, in turn, triggering the discharge of hormones that could compensate for the lowering glucose levels. This, on the other hand, boosts the blood pressure levels, triggering migraines, and pains.
The rate is higher when you avoid breakfast, as it is the first meal of the day you are eating after approximately 12 hours of fasting. So, if you need to keep those headaches away, do assure that you eat your breakfast.
- Provokes hair loss – One of the major side effects of avoiding breakfast results in hair loss. A meal that includes dangerously low levels of protein could affect the levels of keratin, averting hair growth, and triggering hair loss. Breakfast is the fundamental meal of any day and has a primary role in promoting the growth of hair follicles. So, if you prefer to enjoy a lush, healthy hair with zero hair fall, then you need to indulge in a protein-rich breakfast regularly.