Deepthi Velkur reviews the Nathan TrailMix Plus Insulated 2 Hydration Belt that is useful for trail runners.
The Marathon season is upon us now and it is always a good time to discuss the essential running gear that makes our long runs easier to deal with. An avid runner is quite familiar with the benefits and convenience of using running accessories, but, with the options flooding the market, it is important for us to review and determine what actually makes a difference to each one of us.
We all know that long-distance running is an endurance sport and like in all other endurance sports, hydration is key. It is a no-brainer that you need to have a constant supply of fluids with you if you want to survive and endure the amazing sport of running.
There are a number of ways you can hydrate yourself during a run like making pit stops at water stations, wearing a hydration belt or by using a hand-held water bottle. If your planning to run for an hour or more and want to run hands-free, a hydration belt is your go-to answer.
A hydration belt is an ingenious invention that holds not only your water bottle but can stash away your other essentials like the phone, sports gels, light snack, keys, and money leaving you to run free. There are a plethora of choices in the market for a running belt and to choose the right running belt depends on your individual running needs and also the type of runner you are such as a trail runner, long-distance runner, casual runner or a beginner. You also need to determine how much water you consume and the amount of storage space you need.
Here is why I think you should consider the Nathan Trail Mix Plus Insulated Hydration pack –
- SpeedFit holster with two 300ml Fire and Ice reflective and insulated flasks ensure quick one-handed access.
- Zippered pocket with key ring clip and front stash pouch for gels, compatible with iPhone 6 Plus.
- The ergo-shaped insulated belt is made from a soft monofilament material secures firmly around your hip and has a lightweight buckle closure which allows multi-directional stretching to give you a proper fit and eliminates bounce
- Dual shock cords with one-pull tension lock for energy gels and glove storage
- Double- wall flask construction keeps fluids cooler, 20% longer than other insulated flasks.
- It is ultra-lightweight and comfortable providing an easy on the fly access to hydration and nutrition without slowing down your pace.
- It weighs just 258g – so light and easy.
On long runs and I didn’t experience any problems like bouncing or bottles coming out of the holster. The balance and the location of the weight are excellent and with the pocket that is capable of holding a good amount of my running essentials, the TrailMix Plus is a perfect accompaniment to your running gear.
The Nathan TrailMix Plus Insulated is available on www.amazon.in and costs INR 7423.
Let’s face it – running or for that matter any aerobic exercise is tough. Hydration belts help us stay hydrated, focused and with this belt in, particular, it also removes the strain of carrying personal items thus making the run a better experience.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Deepthi Velkur is a former sprinter who is trying her hand at various sports today. A tennis fanatic, who believes that sleep should never be compromised.