A hydration pack is a popular running gear for runners today, and the CamelBak Octane is a good product to consider, writes Deepthi Velkur.
Hydration packs are increasingly gaining popularity with people who travel long-distances whether it is to do with hiking, trekking, biking or running. While going on these long distance trips, we tend to apply a lot of pressure on our lower body causing the muscles to tire out quite easily. As a result, not only do we require sufficient calories but ample fluids as well. Proper hydration goes a long way especially when you are covering long distances. Most times, using water bottles are probably not be the best choice when you’re on a bike or running. Its sheer functionality and efficiency might be inconvenient to lug around for several kilometers at a stretch.
Given a choice, would you have not preferred to be hydrated other than a water bottle or something that doesn’t get in your way?
Hydration packs for this very same reason have become quite popular among sports aficionados. They come in varied sizes, shapes, forms and are highly versatile as they make your travel hassle-free. People need to wise in selecting a hydration pack based on how you plan to use it. If it is only to carry fluid, then just a hydration pack works. If you plan to water along with other items such as food, gels and safety equipment, then choosing a running backpack is a better option. To ensure the load is as light as possible, keep the weight of the pack to no more than 20 percent of your body weight. When you choose a hydration pack, you need to look for fluid versatility, weight distribution and something that is compact and form-fitting design.
Here is a perfect hydration pack – CamelBak Octane 10 which is a lightweight multi-sport and multi-task pack that comes with a 10 liter compressible cargo space and 2liter Crux reservoir. This hydration pack is ideal for extra long runs. It is well designed to carry tons of gear which keep the athletes well prepared for any situation they might face on the run.
Some of the features that the hydration pack comes with are:
- 2L Crux reservoir provides the required hydration and delivers 20% more water per sip.
- Adjustable chest strap and the integrated baggage compression ensures in maintaining more stability and also comes with a wide adjustment range to suit every individual.
- 3D Vent mesh is light and well cushioned which maximizes airflow and reduces chafing for a cool and comfortable run.
- The Stretch-Overflow Pocket helps you to stash away your rain shell or layers which might come handy into the expandable pocket for quick access.
- Fuel and Gear Storage helps in organizing your run essentials such as gels and drinks and comes with pockets specifically designed for Quick Stow flasks.
- Pole attachment for easy accessibility and mounting of poles when you need it.
- Hydration capacity: 2L\70 fl Oz(2.07ltr)
- Hydration Type-CRUX reservoir with Quicklink System
- Gear Capacity- 8L\450 cu in
- Pack weight- 370g
- Dimensions: 42 x 30 x 19.5 cm / 16.5 x 11.8 x 7.7 in
- Fits Torso:43-53 cm/17-21 in
It is available in Black and Atomic Blue and is priced at 15,667 INR and available on www.amazon.in
The Camelbak Octane 10 hydration pack is quite comfortable as it holds enough gear and water to last a day and also very versatile, good-looking and durable.