Deepthi Velkur, takes a look at the Nike Epic Reach Flyknit running shoes designed in consultation with runners.
Sportswear companies are constantly faced with the challenge to innovate and redesign their products with new materials or features to offer their customers an edge over other competitive products in the market. Nike has been at the forefront of technology innovation to meet the demands of their customers.
With the feedback received from runners, Nike developed a shoe using the Flyknit foam technology that could do it all with features such as more cushioning, higher energy return, lightweight and greater durability. To achieve this, Nike embarked on a four-year mission with teams of programmers, engineers, and designers and in February 2018, Nike Epic React Flyknit was launched.
- Weight-239g(Men size 9), Women: 195g
- Fits true to size for a snug fit
- Heel shelf stabilizes the back of your foot and helps the heel from rocking as your foot lands
- Style: AQ0067-002
- Country of origin: Vietnam
- Colour: Wolf Grey/Cool Grey/Pure Platinum/White
- Synthetic suede heel lining prevents slippage and blisters
Why is it good for running
The Nike React foam is considerably softer and handles bumps on the road more effectively when compared to the EVA foam. The shoes upper is kept simple and the forefoot, toe, and arch are made from one-piece of the Nike Flyknit Bootie giving you the snug feel. The mid-sole is kept taller and wider to give better support and stability to the runner. The mid-sole is extended beyond the upper’s perimeter and around the heel to ensure the shoe provides the necessary cushioning, flexibility and breath-ability required by runners.
Price (in India)
INR 15995. Available at the Nike store and other retail stores across India.
A final recommendation on whether you should try it or not
Some of the feedback received from buyers about the Nike Epic React Flyknit shoe-
- The Nike Epic React Flyknit is a comfortable and good-looking shoe and the out-sole is surprisingly durable.
- The lightweight disposition helps in increasing your running speed.
- The mid-sole is very responsive and has the snug fit and had the right amount of cushioning neither too soft nor too firm.
- The shoe allows natural movement, even during fast-paced activities\running.